Articles on this Page
- 04/06/17--04:30: _Local links: Studen...
- 04/30/17--22:39: _Tired of that potho...
- 05/12/17--08:42: _How do you solve an...
- 06/05/17--04:15: _#FewerPotholes repa...
- 11/07/17--12:21: _SFMTA proposes limi...
- 11/29/17--08:37: _Uber / Lyft loading...
- 01/22/18--10:46: _Next public meeting...
- 03/13/18--10:23: _UPDATED: The robots...
- 04/09/18--04:15: _Eyes up: New electr...
- 06/21/18--08:36: _Coming soon: An upd...
- 06/05/17--04:15: #FewerPotholes repair effort kicks off in the Richmond District
- 11/29/17--08:37: Uber / Lyft loading zone being considered for Clement Street
- 04/09/18--04:15: Eyes up: New electric scooters have come to neighborhood sidewalks
- 06/21/18--08:36: Coming soon: An updated Park Presidio & Geary intersection
Congratulations to four students of St. Thomas the Apostle School (3801 Balboa) for placing 5th in the 2016-2017 Wonder League Robotics Competition‘s age 6 to 8 bracket. Participants used the Dash robot – which responds to voice, navigating objects, dancing,… Continue Reading
We’ve all been there. You’re driving down a street in the Richmond District when, BAM, your wheel hits a pothole, rattling your vehicle and making you grit your teeth in frustration. Inevitably you ask, “Why can’t this city keep our… Continue Reading
The city is kicking off the Geary at Park Presidio Improvements Project and next Wednesday, they want input from the public to decide how to improve the busiest intersection in the Richmond District. According to the announcement in Supervisor Sandra… Continue Reading
Last month, we asked you all to submit reports of your peskiest potholes in the neighborhood as part of the #FewerPotholes campaign. The project was created by District 1 Supervisor Sandra Fewer who convinced DPW to commit a dedicated crew… Continue Reading
UPDATE: An earlier version of this story mistakenly said that the block of 8th Ave between Anza and Balboa would be completely closed to traffic. That was incorrect and apologies for any confusion it may have caused (though clearly I… Continue Reading
The city is considering removing parking spaces in several neighborhoods to make way for Uber and Lyft loading zones, with the hopes of alleviating double parking and other hazards that the ride company drivers present to every day traffic. On… Continue Reading
Next Wednesday, January 31, the SFMTA will hold the next public meeting about the proposed 8th Avenue Neighborway Project. As we detailed in a story back in November, the project proposes to add traffic calming measures to 8th Avenue including… Continue Reading
Reader Jim C. sent us the pic above of a driverless/automated street sweeping machine that he spotted at 38th and Geary last Thursday. Jim reports that the vehicle was closely followed by a manned vehicle from Cruise Automation, a San… Continue Reading
Some days, it seems like San Francisco is a test site for various modes of transportation. On-demand rides, electric mopeds, electric bikes, and driverless cars are just a few of the new ways to get around that have come to… Continue Reading
You may have noticed some work beginning at the intersection of Park Presidio/Highway 1 and Geary Boulevard. It’s the beginning of the Geary at Park Presidio Improvements Project from the SFMTA, designed to “provide a safer and more inviting environment… Continue Reading